Canon PIXMA iP2870 is intentionally designed as the basic use, it is only for printing. Hence, it would be nice for you to know especially if you are looking for a budget printer with high-quality printing. It would be completely nice for you to know about such thing. Moreover, it comes in a stunning design, good performance, and high-quality printing. In the matter of the design, this printer comes in white. It has little enhancement on some sides of this printer.
Like Canon PIXMA MX520, in the matter of the printing quality, Canon PIXMA iP2870 is featured with the Chroma Life 100+ which makes the quality of the printer seems to be very good. In this part, you can prove it with the photo printing. Moreover, it is featured with software called as the Easy-PhotoPrint EX in which the user is available to fix the quality of the printer so much. Hence, it would be nice for you to have it.
In the matter of performance, this printer is good to deliver the speed in balanced time. It may deliver 15 seconds for the color printing and 8 seconds for the black and white printing. Hence, Canon PIXMA iP2870 is a good quality printer that is highly recommended to use.
Canon PIXMA iP2870 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA iP2870 Specification
|Maximum Printing Resolution||4800 (horizontal) x 600 (vertical) dpi|
|Print Head / Ink||Type:||FINE Cartridge|
|Number of Nozzles:||Total 1,280 nozzles|
|Ink Droplet Size:||2pl|
|Ink Tank:||PG745, CL-746 (Optional: PG-745XL, CL-746XL)|
Based on ISO / IEC 24734.
Click here for summary report
Click here for Document Print and Copy Speed Measurement Conditions
|Document: Col||ESAT / Simplex||approx. 4.0ipm|
|Document: B / W||ESAT / Simplex||approx. 8.0ipm|
|Printable Width||Up to 203.2mm (8inch)|
|Bordered Printing||Top margin: 3mm, Bottom margin: 16.7mm,
Left / Right margin: each 3.4mm (LTR / LGL: Left: 6.4mm, Right: 6.3mm)
|Recommended Printing Area||Top margin: 31.6mm / Bottom margin: 29.2mm|
|Paper Size||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Custom size (width 101.6mm – 215.9mm, length 152.4mm – 676mm)|
|Paper Handling (Rear Tray)
|Plain Paper||A4, A5, B5, LTR=60, LGL=10|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)||4 x 6″=20|
|Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-601)||4 x 6″=20|
|Envelope||European DL / US Com. #10=5|
|Paper Weight||Rear Tray||Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2 , Canon specialty paper: max paper weight : approx. 275 g/m2 (Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201))|
|Ink End Sensor||Dot count|
|Print Head Alignment||Manual|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 15 -30°C; Humidity: 10 – 80% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Storage Environment||Temperature: 0 – 40°C; Humidity: 5 – 95% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power||AC 100-240V 50 / 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby (USB connection to PC)||Approx. 0.8W|
|Printing *4||Approx. 8.0W|
|Environment||Regulation:||RoHS (EU, China), WEEE (EU)|
|Eco-Label:||Energy Star, EPEAT|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||approx. 426 x 235 x 134mm|
Canon PIXMA iP2870 Driver & Software Installations
Manual instruction to install Canon PIXMA iP2870 Driver
As if you are about to use the printer, you have to set up the printer driver properly with all these steps below on your Windows operating system.
- The installation process of Canon PIXMA iP2870 can be started whenever the download is completed and you are ready to start the setting up. The first step, just clicks and open the file directory where you save the downloaded file. The driver file name commonly ends with .exe.
- Double-click on the driver file or you can right-click on it to choose ?run as administrator? and then wait for several minutes while the driver files of Canon PIXMA iP2870 is being extracted. After the file extraction is done, just follow the next installation steps.
- The installation of software program will begin to set the Canon PIXMA iP2870 driver software package up and just do the following instruction shown on the computer screen to finish the setting.
- After done the following instruction, your Canon PIXMA iP2870 printing device is ready to be used.
Manual Instruction To Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP2870 Driver
To uninstall the Canon PIXMA iP2870 printing device from your Windows operating system, make sure you are following these steps below.
- Click the start menu on your Windows screen.
- Click on control panel icon or simply type ?control panel? down on the search column. There would be several icons there, and then click once below the ?programs? menu named ?uninstall an application?.
- On the list of installed application, search the Canon PIXMA iP2870 computer driver which is to be removed or simply type the application on search column.
- Double-click on the icon of Canon PIXMA iP2870, and then click uninstall/change. To complete the uninstallation process, simply follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
Driver Download Or Installation Process For Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP2870 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can have differed depend on upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP2870. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for Windows XP or Windows 8 is not much different way.
|iP2870 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.75 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.75||12 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.75||18 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.2||7.2 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||14 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.5 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Windows XP (32-bit)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||2.7.0||1.8 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.7.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Mac OS X 10.6||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||4.5 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||3.6 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|iP2870 series Getting Started Guide||V3||2 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||4.10||78 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP2870 Full Driver & Software Package Free Download
Good news from the owner of sites Canon Printer Support, thus those who look for the download link for all in one printer driver and full software of Canon PIXMA iP2870, the download link is accessible , and no worry for broken link as any link for any platform works properly. While downloading the software, to ensure that there is nothing wrong while using Canon PIXMA iP2870, you need to pay attention toward the installation or download User Manual below.