You want a device which can do many things, Canon PIXMA MG5500 is one among other options to consider. Certainly, it is not a new thing when it comes to printer device that provides its user with many benefits and functions just like printing, scanning, and copying features. The addition of USB and WI-FI connect, the device truly is accommodating. The installation is quite simple and will not take so much time. As you start the installation, the overall time to setup the system is only twenty minutes. It provides intelligent and user friendly display panel, not the touch screen, though.
Like PIXMA MG4250, the Canon PIXMA MG5500 gives five inks that are divided to, three for colors inks and the rest for black. The print speed of PIXMA MG5500 is quite fast, although it is depending on what kind of setting that you choose, and whether you print colors or monochrome files. Say that you use Fast mode, the printing quality is still acceptable. In number the print speed for PIXMA MG5500, if monochrome it is 12ppm, meanwhile for color the speed is reduced, as the speed turns to 9ppm. In the case that you want to copy your file, the device allows you to copy it in color or black.
Using the cartridge that is already installed, you need to pay extra for the ink expense. Even though in the end, you the one who decide, but if you want your Canon PIXMA MG5500 more cost efficient, it is recommended that you use separated ink system. However, what is good to other, may be not for you, thus, consider your convenience first. If you are okay with the existing ink cartridge that is installed, and not really care toward the running cost, then it won’t be a problem. One more, you can scan different file format using this device.
Canon PIXMA MG5500 Specifications
- Copier Speed : Colour document: Approx 20 sec
- Multiple Copy : Up to 99 copies
- Reeduction-Enlargement : 25% to >400% and Special Copy Functions : Two sided, borderless, 2 on 1, 4 on 1, fit-to-page, frame eras
- Scanner Type : Flatbed CIS
- Scanning resolution : 1200 x 2400 optical dpi
- Scanning Bit Depth (Input/ Output) : Greyscale: 16bit-8bit and Colour: 48bit-24bit (RGB each 16bit/8bit)
Canon PIXMA MG5500 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon PIXMA MG5500 Driver & Software Downloads
Good news from the owner of Driver Printer Canon, thus those who look for download link for all in one printer driver and full software of Canon PIXMA MG5500, the download link is accessible , and no worry for broken link as any link for any platform works properly. While downloading the software, to ensure that there is nothing wrong while using Canon PIXMA MG5500, you need to pay attention toward the installation.
|MG5500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series MP Drivers For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||26 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series XPS Printer Driver For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.70||18 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.2||384 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.4 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||126.96.36.199||17 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||4.00||7.4 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.20||4.4 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||4.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.20||1.2 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.00||1.6 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.20||1.2 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4.8 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||5.7 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.6 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||2.3 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||2.5 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||4.1 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.3||14 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.3||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series Getting Started Guide||V1||2.5 MB||Download|
|MG5500 series Getting Started Guide||V1||2.4 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.20||420 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||4.00||79 KB||Download|
|MG5500 series Setup Guide||V1||406 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MG5500 Driver & Software Installations
Manual instruction to install Canon PIXMA MG5500 Driver
As if you are about to use the printer, you have to set up the printer driver properly with all these steps below on your Windows operating system.
- The installation process of Canon PIXMA MG5500 can be started whenever the download is completed and you are ready to start the setting up. The first step, just click and open the file directory where you save the downloaded file. The driver file name commonly end with .exe.
- Double-click on the driver file or you can right-click on it to choose ?run as administrator? and then wait for several minutes while the driver files of Canon PIXMA MG5500 is being extracted. After the file extraction is done, just follow the next installation steps.
- The installation of software program will be began to set the Canon PIXMA MG5500 driver software package up and just do the following instruction shown on the computer screen to finish the setting.
- After done the following instruction, your Canon PIXMA MG5500 printing device is ready to be used.
Manual Instruction to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG5500 Driver
To uninstall the Canon PIXMA MG5500 printing device from your Windows operating system, make sure you are following these steps below.
- Click the start menu on your Windows screen.
- Click on control panel icon or simply type ?control panel? down on the search column. There would be several icons there, and then click once below the ?programs? menu named ?uninstall an application?.
- On the list of installed application, search the Canon PIXMA MG5500 computer driver which is to be removed or simply type the application on search column.
- Double-click on the icon of Canon PIXMA MG5500, and then click uninstall/change. To complete the uninstallation process, simply follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG5500 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG5500. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for Windows XP or Windows 8 is not much different way.